THE BAYELSA STATE CHAPTER
The Nigerian Library Association (NLA) Bayelsa State Chapter is the State Branch of the National Body of Librarians in Nigeria, the Nigerian Library Association.
The objectives of the Chapter are in Line with that of the National Body of the Nigerian Library Association:
- To unite persons interested in Libraries, Librarianship and Information services in Bayelsa State;
- To safeguard and promote the professional interests of librarians in Bayelsa State;
- To promote the establishment and development of libraries and information centers in Bayelsa State;
- To watch legislations affecting libraries and assist in the promotion of such legislations as may be
- To promote and encourage bibliographical study, research and library cooperation in Bayelsa State, and;
- To do all lawful things as are incidental and conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
considered necessary for the establishment, regulation and management of libraries within Bayelsa State;
The Chapter is run by an elected executives made up of: The Chairman, Vice Chairman, General Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Public Relations Officer(PRO), Editor, and Ex-Officio.
The Chapter Office is at the Gabriel Okara Library, State Library Board, along General Sani Abacha Expressway, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.